What Is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration app available for all devices (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android) providing a range of benefits including:
- chat (instant messaging)
- voice and video calls
- Screen sharing
- web meetings for both staff and external guests
- External dial-in phone numbers to join scheduled meetings
- Team channels for team chats, calls, document sharing and more
Microsoft Teams is a great tool to keep your team working together when working from home, without relying solely on email for communication.
How To Get Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is included in most Office 365 subscriptions at no extra cost. Don’t have Office 365? Microsoft are also offering free subscriptions.
Is It Hard To Get Started?
Yes and no. Microsoft Teams is straight forward to use and there is no shortage of online training resources (see Microsoft Teams Training). Some configuration is required however to get teams and channels working in a way that is most useful for your people. And also to turn on some of the additional features like meeting dial-in numbers.
We recommend appointing one or more Teams champions to support your people as they adopt Microsoft Teams, particularly if people are working from home without the peer support they normally have in the office.
Sentrian Microsoft Teams Quick Start Service
Sentrian is offering a Quick Start service specifically to help our clients get started with Teams. This is normally a more comprehensive project that has been condensed in response to COVID-19.
This condensed service takes approximately 2 hours. To assist current Sentrian clients we are offering this service at a fixed price of $180 ex-GST.
This service is subject to availability as we have a limited number of project slots in March and April 2020.
The Quick Start Service includes:
- Kick start meeting with champions
- Governance of Teams > set up policies and user permission level
- Deployment of Teams (Ensure Teams is installed on all PC’s and assist with other devices)
- Set up first channels and teams with champions
- Provide champions voice and video conferencing (internal only) training
- Advice only for setting up external dial-in meeting phone numbers
- Assist champions with rolling out company wide
- Post roll-out resolution
To get started email email@example.com with the subject “Teams Quick Start”.