MFA is a very important part of online security. Verifying your identity using a second factor such as your Smart Phone prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if they know your password.
Setting up MFA on you phone is quick and easy, and once setup will only require you to select ‘Approve’ on a notification rather than entering a code like you might be used to with other MFA.
- Browse to the following address on your computer and login
- Click next on this screen
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator, then choose Next
- Follow the steps described
Follow the instructions on the screen:
- On your phone
- Scan the QR code on the screen with your phone, then click next
- Microsoft will now send a notification to your phone
- On Your phone, select the notification, then choose Approve
- Setup complete
For future sign in’s, you will be prompted like below and will receive a notification on your mobile.