A database breach can occur at any moment. Your email, password and other sensitive data may be compromised.
They also happen constantly and it’s a good idea to check whether any of your email addresses have been published in a known database breach.
How to check if your email was in a known database breach
- On your computer or mobile, go to this website: Have I Been Pwned.
- In the address bar, enter your email address and hit enter (or ‘pwned?’).
- The page will update with a message indicating whether your account was part of a know database breach or not. It will also list the specific breaches, if your account was included.
- If your account was in a database breach, change your passwords immediately. We recommend changing your passwords every 60 – 90 days.
- To always keep up-to-date, you can subscribe to email updates to automatically discover if your email address is found in any future database breaches. We also recommend seeing how to create a secure password and how to get started with a password manager, in the Related Articles section below.