The following guide will walk you through upgrading your 3CX software on your computer to the latest version. This replaces the requirement for using the web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge) to access the phone system.
To complete the below, you should have either a copy of your ‘Welcome to 3CX Phone System’ email, or know the web address for your phone system. If you are not sure, one of our Sentrian Service Desk staff can assist with resending the welcome email or providing the link to your web address.
Downloading 3CX application
- Log into the web portal for your phone system. When logged in, in the left hand menu there will be a start menu type button, click on this button to access the install menu.
2. In the Install window that pops up, click the ‘Install‘ button from the instructions. This will download a file to your downloads folder which you will use in the next step.
3a. When the file completes downloading, DOUBLE-CLICK on this to run it.
3b. If you receive a Windows Defender Firewall prompt, click ‘Allow access‘. This may require administrator rights on the computer, if you do not have permission, please contact Sentrian Service Desk and we will be able assist. If you do not receive this prompt, please proceed to step 4.
4. The install will go through a wizard where you can keep the default options and continue pressing ‘Next’ until it completes. Once it completes the install, select ‘Provision‘ back on the popup window.
5. If the below window pops up, select the tickbox and then click ‘Open 3CX Desktop App’
6. The 3CX App should now be configured for you, example below:
These above steps complete the installation of the latest version of 3CX app. The next step is to remove old version of 3CX app from your computer.
Remove old version
7. To uninstall the previous version of 3CX go to the Start Menu, then search for Control Panel and open Control Panel
8. In Control Panel open Programs and Features
9. In the Program and Features window, find the ‘3CXPhone for Windows’ and double-click on it to start uninstalling it. Click ‘Yes’ on the prompt confirming you are sure you want to uninstall the product.
Uninstallation process will run and follow the prompts to complete this process.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us. You can submit your request using this online form Get Support – Sentrian IT Support Centre or give us a call on 1300 791 678.